[Gllug] btinternet

Andre Newman andre at walkabout.compulink.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 07:05:00 UTC 2001

On Friday 20 July 2001 07:52, you wrote:
> Just wondering,
>
> does the standard btinternet 24/7 surftime offer use 'normal' chap that us
> linux folks can use yet?

A friend uses it with Redhat 6.1 (he had to update ppp to 2.4) apart from the
ppp update no other dramas setting it up.
Apparently there is an issue with which end sends LCP first, not sure of the
details but ppp 2.4 fixed it.

He is getting sick of poor throughput & dropped connections and was thinking
of moving to plusnet, oddly enough!

> basically i am getting sick of 'fiasco' and plusnet. they are truly evil!

Apart from their hopeless shell accounts where they reboot the server with
scary regularity, well they used to, I don't use my plusnet shell anymore.
Otherwise they seem fine (to me).

They seem to have very slightly more clue than when they were Force 9 and
since they sorted out their bust up with BT surftime (booted off some people
who dared to actually use the service) things seem to have settled down (here
anyway).

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk