[Gllug] Linux Conf GUI

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 14:18:27 UTC 2001

tet at accucard.com wrote:

> Where as I hang my head in despair. I'm all for making Unix easy to use,
> but getting users into the habit of doing something as blatantly high
> risk as this is just broken beyond belief. You're downloading a random
> script from the internet, and piping it directly into a root shell?
> If anyone ever hijacks the go-gome.com domain, you're in a whole world
> of hurt...

Point well made.

I saw on Breakfast TV this morning that as from today digital
signatures will be legal on electronic documents in the EU.

So lets set the ball rolling on a discussion of how downloads like
this, and RPMs etc could be signed?
(Some savvy person will no doubt explain to us how they can be already).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk