[Gllug] Looking for a specific 'homepage generator' type package - forgotten the name

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Mon Jul 23 13:49:03 UTC 2001

I'm looking for a particular package I used for a while a year or two back.
It's a set of scripts (and/or programs, but my gut says it's Perl) which run
as a cron job.  You feed in a template in augmented HTML, with tags like:

<!-- packagename slashdot headlines short -->

which get converted to a little table with the current slashdot headlines in
a short format.  Or something like that.A  You could then set your browser
homepage to be the output of the program.

I seem to remember the package being called something like Daily News, and
one of the nice things (IIRC) was that it didn't need anything like PHP or
similar, just (probably) Perl, maybe with one or two extra modules.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Pint of your choice to the person who
gives me the right name and/or the homepage URL.

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk