[Gllug] Editors

Simon Bunker sibunks at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:02:34 UTC 2001

> > I'd loveto try out Freenet, but I dread to think what the RIP would say
> > about that - is there deniability there?
>
> Do you know what freenet is? It's not about encryption, it's just
> anonymous file sharing.

By using strong encrytion - the deniability part comes in because you have
no clue exactly what people are saving on your hard disk and you have no
access to their keys - I'm not sure if the police would beleive that
though..... and of course as you don't know what it is it could be
anything - including illegal files - more likely copyright mp3's than
anything else - still something you don't really want to sit in prison for
two years for! You can host webpages on it too without having a fixed server
which I thought was a pretty nice aspect. Can't remember how long the key is
but I'd really like to see someone guess one of em.....

Anyway if you're ultra paranoid all these emails have probably been picked
up by some system like Echelon anyway so we are all suspect ;o)

Simon
http://www.rendermania.com/
UIN 11123737

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk