[Gllug] Website developement

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Sun Jul 15 18:13:34 UTC 2001

David Freeman <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

>  --- Stig Brautaset <stig at brautaset.org> wrote: > David Freeman
> <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> > > You are a genius! I wish I had thought of it, and I had spent so
> > > long peeing about with the preprocessor all day as well!
> >
> > er... in all fairness, I got the idea from "the linux programming
> > bible" -- btw a book that have successfully managed to teach me a
> > whole range of exiting stuff.
>
> Which publisher is that? I may have to investigate it.

It is a book well worth looking into, I think. It's by IDG books,
written by a fella called John Goerzen from the Debian project. I
basically got it because of its outstanding review in Linux Journal,
and the fact that it covers the lot; make, gcc, gdb, memory managment,
sockets, pipes, shared memory, cgi with perl, gui-programming and
more.

ISBN: 0-7645-4657-0 -- the back of it says $36.99 :-(

> > > If we ever meet I owe you a pint!
> >
> > thanks, I'll take that offer :D
>
> Any time, will you be at the beer hike in august?

Sadly, I can not afford it. Poor student :-(

Cheers, Stig
--
 19:04:33 up 20:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.07, 0.01

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk