[Gllug] CODE RED in 5 News

Formi rcformi at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 11:51:23 UTC 2001

 Hi,

 first I haven't read all the emails posted about it, so I may be repeating
something.

 Today I watched the Channel 5 News at 12.

 First, no mention whatsoever about MicroSpot, odd enough.

 Second, is the FBI and the CERT, so alienated by Big Bucks, that they don't
have the guts to point to the source of the problem, weak security form m$ ?

 Or is Channel 5 covering up for them ?

 Another thing I noticed, usually in the media in this country, when they
show some shot of a computer where somebody is browsing on the Internet,
you see Netscape running on a Mac, today they showed IE running on what its
supposed to run. Very nice from them.

 Appart where I come from there is the feeling that north-americans only care
about money whithout any moral regrets, they pointed in the news about big
loses for companies operating on the Internet, so I thought they wouldn't
mind poiniting the finger to m$,

 What a surprise for me.

 Another thing, the Internet is everybody's, it's not only for companies to
make a profit from it. It seems that mere individuals are second in
importance.

 Who is making a mess of it, overloading it with so much rubbish ?

 Not me, most of them co's are taking a lot from it and giving nothing back,
 so if they want to use a crap OS, I am happy with them losing money, and
 they have no right whatsoever to complain about it.

 The only thing that I don't like is that people and companies that have made
 a sensible decision about the software they use are suffering because of
 them.

 That is my opinion, others welcomed, have a nice day and a laugh about it.

 Cheers,

                                                            Formi.

 P.D. : Anybody using OneTel Internet Access ?, I'm being cut off a lot
recently. Is it happening to you?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk