[Gllug] Building Intranet Kiosks

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 14:01:03 UTC 2001

> > Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:
> > >
> > > The hospital I work for has just started an initiative called 'The
> Virtual Cybercafe'. We've got three PCs set aside for it in areas where
> staff don't ordinarily have access to computers as part of their job, and an
> intranet site that anyone round the trust can access. Cool...

I'm all for this. One of the big stumbling blocks in bringing
the real advantages of the Web/Internet to the NHS is giving the
front-line staff access.
Not everyone (gasp!) sits on front of a terminal all day.
More power to your elbow, Wulf.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that maybe this is an
opportunity for GLLUG? If we could get a few people together to
help set up a demo system, which could be easily repeated,
then this could get some useful publicity?
After all we're always banging on about how useful and cheap
this Linux thing is...

ps. I won't volunteer. I would be foolish to offer something
and not follow through.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk