[Gllug] C mentor wanted = deceased norwegian blues

dave l david_and_barbara at dnbc-laine.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 16:14:51 UTC 2001

To find if a point is inside a polygon
draw a straight  line from the point of length at least the greatest
dimension across the polygon and count the intersections of this line with
the sides of the polygon.
The slope of the line is arbitrary but should NOT be the slope of any side
of the polygon.

Points OUTSIDE have an EVEN number of crossings
Points INSIDE have an ODD number

Regards
Dave L