[Gllug] btinternet

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Fri Jul 20 22:34:52 UTC 2001

>I have a connection with BT/Freeserve that works great with linux. The
>only downside of course is that (when you have the `no call charges'
>option they disconnect you every two hours. And they do not even have
>the decency to send a signal in that respect; they just cut the line
>-- or so is my experience anyway.

Yes, and I had this confirm by a friend at Freeserve. 120 minutes and that's i!

I look on it as security. I get a new IP address each time:-)

I gave up with BT Anytime. Check your access numbers - I have three
0808 numbers for Freeserver Anytime, and I use whichever connects
fastest and stays connected.

Gordo
--
Gordon Joly//////////