[Gllug] setting up mutt

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Mon Jul 30 23:35:30 UTC 2001

* Bruce Richardson <brichardson at lineone.net> spake thus:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:51:22PM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > Now, when I start mutt, I want a list over the folders prefixed with
> > "in." *if* they contain new mails, and a number indicating how many
> > mails are in them.
>
> You could do this interactively by pressing c, then tab, then m and
> applying a file mask.  It should be possible to automate this but I
> recommend you read through the manual and work it out;)

Thank you, that works nice. Can I make mutt chose one group by default?
This is good enough for me. But if I can only make it come up with one
of the folders by default (i.e. "in.misc") by default...

> > When I exit the "in.gllug"-folder, read mail[1]
> > from this folder are moved to a different folder, "gllug-YY-MM"[2].
>
> mbox-hook +in.gllug `echo +gllug-$(date +%y-%m)`

Abselutely fantastic. It is so easy when you can have experts telling
you these things :) I came up with some magic of my own to show all the
month-separated groups as time goes by:

mailboxes `echo +gllug-*`

Everything seems so easy once you get over that first hill :)

> Don't try to run before you can walk, though.

A good advice, but running is so much fun :)

Regards, Stig

--
www.brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk