Windows was Re: : [Gllug] content

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Mon Jul 30 18:29:15 UTC 2001

* David Freeman <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk> spake thus:
>  --- Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote: > Simon Bunker wrote:
> > > Does anyone else use these much?
> >
> > I think I've only got around twenty windows open at the moment.
>
> I don't know why but on our Sun box when I have my normal number of
> terminal windows (Xterm) open it numbers 25 or more, and this stops
> other users from opening terminal windows with the error message:
> Unable to get pty.
>
> Any ideas how to fix it? I would like a few more windows for normal
> use, I am not unknown to have 35 Xterms in use at any one time.

Personally I think you need to revise your work-habits if you need 35
xterms open at the same time, but I am not one to judge anybody. Can I
ask what in the world you need all these for? I hardly ever use more
than 10 at the same time I think; irc, maybe a couple for c sources,
make/execution, one or two for man-pages... hmm. That added up to 5-6...
Oh well, include mail/news and let's make it 8. (I use aterms btw, not
xterms.)

Regards, Stig
--
www.brautaset.org