[Gllug] Buying a switch

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 19:06:10 UTC 2001

On Fri 27 Jul, Rich Walker wrote:
> In message <20010727160818.A11386 at alexhudson.com>
>           home at alexhudson.com wrote about buying expensive switches...
>
> And at the other end of the world, anyone know of a source for
> 10-base-T-only switches? Cheap, second-hand preferred. Needed for
> cluster interconnect for our MOSIX system: (I've got enough 10-base-T
> cards to make the interconnect reasonable: now I just need an old
> switch or two)
>

> cheers,Rich.

   I don't think they are switches, but I have 2 under-used 24-way 10-base-T
hubs, LanArt ETM 2411 and ETM 2431. Both have a multi-direction toggle
switch, LED 2-character display, 3-row D-type expansion port, 9-pin D-type
RS232 port, an additional linking module with AUI, 10-base-2, and 10-base-T
ports, internal PSU (IEC connector), and 1U 19 inch rack adaptors. I have
little other information about them at present.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk