[Gllug] Website developement

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Sun Jul 15 18:21:42 UTC 2001

Nix <nix at esperi.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On 15 Jul 2001, Stig Brautaset stated:
> > er... in all fairness, I got the idea from "the linux programming
> > bible" -- btw a book that have successfully managed to teach me a
> > whole range of exiting stuff.
>
> If the rest of its ideas are of the same quality as this one, it
> deserves burning :(

I take it you are one of these guys that like flash, javascript and so
an as well then. I personally can't think of anything worse on a webpage.

*shudder*

The preprocessor/make thing does exactly what I want, and is
infinately expandable. That makes it a perfect solution for me. Not to
mention I didn't have to learn yet a different tool for doing this (I
was going to learn how a makefile worked anyway). Anyway, the book
merely mentions that it is possible, and shows how it can be done. It
does not say that it is the one true way to do it.

Cheers, Stig
--
 19:14:20 up 20:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.01, 0.00

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk