[Gllug] M$ Technet?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 13:17:01 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:51:32PM +0100, Simon Furey wrote:
> No actually I think you'll find IIS needs the services supplied by NT or
> Win2K and can't run or be installed on the 95/98/Me O/s's and hence why as

The Win 9X series of OS's can have PWS (Peer web server) installed, which
is basicly IIS with a couple of bits missing. You can run PHP or MODPerl
with it so its semi funcational :)

It doesn't use services it runs as a process in a command window instead.

	Dean

--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk