[Gllug] basic rpm problem.

Vincent AE Scott vince at codex.net
Tue Jul 3 22:58:31 UTC 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Lee Blackwell wrote:

> > It's very difficult to _respect_ a "dark side" person who walks with a limp
> > and makes loud quacking noises.
> Disclaimer: I'm not comparing one to the other or going to get drawn into
> a flame war about rpm vs. everything else.  I just use Solaris at work as
> it's significantly better paid than Linux roles (at the moment)

a packaging system offers a service, if it works for you, then it's good
enough.  theres fsck all point in arguing about it, does it work for
*you*? well, thats all you need to worry about.  most are easy to use, and
offer enough features to satisfy the most common needs, so long as they
dont let the pkg database get fsck'ed up, then which ever you choose is
fine.

incidentally, rpm 4.03 just buggered up on me, leaving the database
mangled.  seems like i need to find that tooth pick and soldering iron to
fix it.  note, this aint a 'released' distro, so i dont care that much
when it breaks.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk