[Gllug] Digital video

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 12:19:10 UTC 2001

Paul Brazier wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience of digital video import/editing under
> Linux?
>
> I've managed to get a DV camera and firewire card working under Linux
> (Mandrake 8.0, 2.4.3 kernel) to the extent of grabbing video to disk
> (using gscanbus, dvgrab, libraw1394) which I can then view in Win98.
>
> Can anyone recommend any video viewers/editors/tools?

You could look at Broadcast 2000:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/08/11/magazine/broadcast2000.html

Byt the way, on this topic, would you and the guy from rendermania.com
(*)
be interested in collaborating to do an article for Linux Magazine?
Something along the lines of
"Towards a Linux-Based Post-Production House"

(*) please drop me an email!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk