[Gllug] Objective about Linux?

Jim Kempton jim at kempton.screaming.net
Sun Jul 29 17:01:21 UTC 2001

Guys

I need to write a report to a client of mine regarding Windows 2000.  He is
about to roll it out to 2 servers and 15 workstations.  I said he should use
Linux, at the very least, on the servers.

So I need some detailed and objective reasons for not using Windows 2000, my
simply spouting price, reliability, open source is not enough for him.  I've
gathered much from the web and thought I'd garner opinion here.

Any takers?

Off list if it's big, or point me to more web sites please.

--
MJK Systems-IT Consultants & Training
Phone/Fax-020 8697 4912

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk