[Gllug] London Expo Wed & Thurs

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Mon Jul 2 15:52:16 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 03:37:01PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> > It has a good article on installing an IMAP server written by Mike Brodbelt,
> > which I found interesting having used mostly UW IMAP.

> That was Linux Magazine.

Ahh GLLUG on paper ;)

>Linux Format is entirely free of content.

Ahh, that's just saved me a fiver. Bad bad Xander pretending Linux format
has content ;)

> There are too many articles of the latter type in Linux Magazine.  Are
> there *any* really decent Linux magazines around?  I find Linux Journal
> less and less useful or relevant: the articles become ever more esoteric
> and I could cheerfully throttle Marcel Gagné.

If that's the cooking with Linux guy i agree, please stop the man breeding!

Linux Magazine (The American one, we've had this discussion) is pretty
good, a nice blend of articles and no guy pretending to be French. The one
thing Linux Journal has going for it is the guy who does the "At the forge"
articles (Rueven something) top notch articles, good example code
(Previously Perl, Mason, Postgres and now Java) and a clear and easy to read
style.

If nothing else takes your fancy have a look at the Linux Gazette at the
LDP, decent mix of articles and its free. (That's where i found xclip, my
favourite new toy.)

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk