[Gllug] News INNd

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 10:04:19 UTC 2001

Hey to all , it was good to meet many at Linux Expo 2001

I have seven hours to implement a news server from scratch.  (Well I
have the box up and running!!)

I have looked all through the docs and there is a lot about running your
own news groups.  They do not seem to mention taking feed from an
upstream provider.

Google has provided remarkably little assistance.

There are lots of installation guides in various European languages (you
know how much porn is available on usenet :-) not helpful as technical
docs, though I am now working through the docs in source which look okay
- but long :-)

I was hoping that someone knew of a site with a potted install guide.

As an aside from Linux Expo and various discussions, the site
www.bsod.org has disabled its M$ crashing ability.  I wanted to test it
on a couple of terminal servers!! :-)

Kind regards
Xander