[Gllug] Quick Perl question

Robert Wood rob at empathymp3.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 10:53:20 UTC 2001

If you mean the form/value pairs; then use this, or alternatively use the
cgi-lib.pl to do it, but i always prefer to not use modules

sub Get_Form_Data {
 #Get Input
 read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
 # Split the name-value pairs
 @pairs = split(/&/, $buffer);
 foreach $pair (@pairs) {
	($name, $value) = split(/=/, $pair);
	$value =~ tr/+/ /;
	$value =~ s/%([a-fA-F0-9][a-fA-F0-9])/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;
	$value =~ s/<!--(.|\n)*-->//g;
	$FORM{$name} = $value;
 }
}

then your data is available in the form of if a form item is called data
(i.e. <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=data> then that field is then $FORM{'data'}

Robert Wood [Data Centre Support Technician]
e: robert.wood at interhouse.redbus.com
t: +44 (020) 7531 8700
f: +44 (020) 7531 8701
a: Redbus Interhouse (UK) Limited