[Gllug] Screen capture [again ;)]

ChrisJS at aol.com ChrisJS at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 09:45:03 UTC 2001

In a message dated 30/07/2001 08:01:01 GMT Daylight Time, tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
writes:

> You couldn't do that at a window manager level - window managers are
>  simply meant to draw borders around windows and have very little to do
>  with them actually being drawn. No, if you wanted a 3D environment you'd
>  have to do this at the X level, intercepting applications' operations on
>  pixmaps and displaying them in a different way.
>
>  Tom.

Damn... Thanks. I think I'll have to think it out again, as old Fagin would
doubtless say... You don't think it would be possible to work around it,
doing something like drawing the apps outside the visible area, reading the
relevant section of the display and then drawing what I wanted on the visible
bit ?
thanks,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk