[Gllug] C mentor wanted

David Spencer David.W.Spencer at oracle.com
Fri Jul 27 18:17:24 UTC 2001

You'll probably find that a few of us are willing to help out, but not
full time.  Post your questions to - well, probably not this list cos
you might get flamed cos it's not technically a C list; try the Linux C
programming list, I can supply details if you need them.

So having found the appropriate list, post your questions to it and
anyone on it has the choice whether or not to reply.  That'll probably
be more productive than trying to engage one person; where you require
some sort of commitment from them and even then you'll only get one
answer.  There was a discussion on the above list about finding a point
inside a polygon recently; it got quite in depth, probably going way
over the head of the guy who asked it but the rest of us enjoyed batting
the topic around.

>From what I remember, and not to detract from the vast intelligence of
people who program them, AI = Artificial Stupidity, and it's not that
artificial.  Unless systems have greatly improved since I last saw
them.  I tend to give anything in IT that begins with "intelli" a _very_
wide berth...  I hope the course is fairly straightforward to follow,
otherwise it could be a very Harrow-ing experience...

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk