[Gllug] Slightly OT: CGI Bulletin Board software

John Lee jrlee at DDSYSTEM.COM
Mon Jul 16 12:57:35 UTC 2001

Try
www.phpBB.com

Open source and very easy to set-up. It does require MySQL.

-----Original Message-----
From: will [mailto:will at hellacool.co.uk]
Sent: 16 July 2001 13:25
To: gllug at linux.co.uk
Subject: [Gllug] Slightly OT: CGI Bulletin Board software

I am going to add a bulletin board/discussion forum to a website I look
after and wanted to know if anyone have any recommendations for online (cgi)
bulletin board software?  I have looked at the ultimate bulletin board (UBB)
but I need something free, preferebly GPL or the like.  There are shed loads
of these referenced on cgi-resources.com but I could spend forever trialing
them all.  Has anyone had any experience with these?

It would need to be perl or PHP.  Flat file or mySQL backend.

Many thanks
Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk