[Gllug] KDE or Gnome

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 16:04:25 UTC 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Bruce Richardson gibbered:
> You should try PWM.  It allows you to bind multiple instances of any X
> app to the same frame - so if you run a second instance of said app,
> it simply adds a new tab to the frame.  This is useful with xterm but
> madly useful with Netscape or Mozilla - middle-clicking on links
> doesn't litter your screen with extra windows.

Alternatively, you can use Galeon, which has this built in, regardless
of wm ;)

I like pwm and ion --- how could I not? I am an Emacs user --- but
unfortunately I have just a few windows that I do not want to fit the
`tile-everything' philosophy they espouse, so I can't use them at all :(

--
`I'm not sure whether libtool is an existence proof that you _can_
 write a shell script that handles its arguments correctly, or a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk