[Gllug] Editors

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 12:08:35 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: David Freeman <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk>
To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Gllug] Editors

> I can agree to an extent. However I do not beleive that there is any
> need to give the key to the authorities on any account. Purely on the
> basis of my basic human right "To not incrimante my self". I am not
> with holding evidence, they have the evidence, just cos they cant
> decrypt this is there fault.

I aggree with this.  It is up to the authorities to prove you guilty, not
you.  If there is a passphrase in my head then no-one has any right to it
except me (ideally).  Added to this the fact that if you lose a key (I did
this once, but can I prove it?) then the onus is on you to prove that you
lost it not on the authorities to prove that you didn't meaning that *poof*
<fx=puff of smoke>, there goes another fundamental ideal (right?), innocent
until proven guilty.

will

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk