Fwd: [Gllug] rip off Britain!

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sun Jul 29 11:17:48 UTC 2001

James Tullett wrote:

> I didn't think advertising was part of the list's acceptable use
> policy?? Or has this person done the right thing and spoken fair to
> the moderator?

I have two things to note...

1). I got sent two copies, one to my personal address so it was too
    easy for the bot to grab my address from the list.

2). The message attempts violate my privacy by being one of those
    which downloads the content when you read it - that and it's in
    HTML. Both these factors mean I automatically deem the sender as
    "evil, bad and very very wrong"(TM) as well as a complete moron.

Oh and of course the HTML sucked, it didn't validate or anything. Who is
this Natalie bot then? If you're a person on this list...one word, why?

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk