[Gllug] Samba 2.2/Potato

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Fri Jul 20 17:47:56 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 06:26:40PM +0100, matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > that out). I'm priming a new pdc for our network (2.0 is fine for PDC
> > btw, so long as you don't have NT clients). The new printer stuff is
>
> Aah but I do. This is both a good and a bad thing :-)

Fair enough - so do I :) My opinion, good thing, but opinions differ..

> Well the potato box I was trying it on was not set up for development so
> chances are I was just missing some packages. I don't remember, I'll
> have to see.

Yeah, missing development packages would scupper it :)

> I may stick the resultant debs up somewhere for others to use if
> anyone's interested. (Or you could do it - that's save me a bit of
> trouble :-)

I haven't bothered packaging it - it's in /usr/local currently. The reason
is that I haven't upgraded to 2.4 on that machine yet (the libc-dev package
in testing was failing an MD5 check earlier today .. ??), and once I do that
I'll need to recompile anyway. Me want oplocks :)

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk