[Gllug] Linux Conf GUI

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 12:58:29 UTC 2001

Have you installed the gnome package as well, there is the standard
linuxconf and gnome-linuxconf for the gui as opposed to console version.

I am horrified that Red Hat are looking to phase out the inclusion of
Linuxconf as all beginners I introduce to Linux, that is one of the
first places I point them to.  Red Hat have not seemed to move to
replace it with anything else, certainly the Ximian utils are nothing
like as comprehensive.

It sounds like you are logged in as user and su-ing to root to run
Linuxconf.  To test have you tried logging in as root to run Linuxconf -
is it any different?

Cheers
Xander

--
You can move the world with an idea, but you have to think of it first.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk