[Gllug] Reply-to header munging.

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Mon Jul 30 15:23:19 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:59:48PM +0100, Jake Jellinek wrote:
> Indeed, entirely the argument for *not* having it this way also though. A
> conscious decision to post something to an entire group of people makes
> more sense surely to avoid potential embarrassment, offense or surprise

And hence removes a lot of the fun. :)

I'd like it left the way it is for the purely selfish reason that I'm used
to it and why fix what ain't broke.

As for thread drift i agree that the subject needs to be changed and now
its been mentioned people will be on guard for a least a couple of days.

> It's an argument that's been had a great deal in most lists, and doesn't do
> any harm to have I suppose, as it least raises awareness of the problems.

I like the London PM solution, the list admin gets final call since they
are the kind generous people that actually do all the work list wise.

On sysadmin day did you pet the Hamster? :)

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk