[Gllug] Samba 2.2/Potato

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Fri Jul 20 17:17:16 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 05:47:43PM +0100, matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of successfully compiling Samba 2.2 on
> Debian Potato (It comes with 2.0.7 which doesn't make a suitable PDC)?

I've actually been doing it yesterday and today on a r3 box with samba
2.2.1a. Compiles fine, runs fine (although for some reason I can't get the
init script I nicked from the samba deb to write the pids out.. must sort
that out). I'm priming a new pdc for our network (2.0 is fine for PDC btw,
so long as you don't have NT clients). The new printer stuff is vaguely
working, but I haven't quite finished configuring it yet, so it is untested.
But Samba 2.2 is looking pretty good - seems a lot more complete than 2.0
(as it obviously is :).

I'd be surprised if you had problems to be honest.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk