[Gllug] Demarc

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at uk.now.com
Wed Jul 18 11:09:57 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:43:29AM +0100, john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote:
> I just saw a link to  http://demarc.org
> on Packetstorm.
>
> It is a combined suite of network monitoring
> and intrusion detection. Looks good!

It looks very good but there is no mention of cost for commercial use , I was
looking at writing something like this. Will mail them at some point.

Essentially web frontend->db with lots of agents.  I'm unsure whether it
will pick up on distributed attacks, (cf snortnet) rather than being a
IDS monitor.  It's given me the incentive to sit down and attempt to
write it, hopefully in work time.

Paul

--
"we apologise for any inconvenience" - God's Last Message to His Creation
Courtesy of Douglas Adams

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk