[Gllug] linux and floppy disks

Chris Ball chris at cpan.org
Sun Jul 1 21:49:22 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 06:50:17PM -0400, Ian Norton wrote:
> maybe doing away with floppies all together.. do internal iomega zips read
> floppies too? and do they detect media changes? (i imagine they do)

Nope. The drive isn't wide enough to fit a floppy in. It does detect
changes in media, though.

> ls120 drives may be an option but this idea was to suit bog standard
> hardware.

To be honest, I think you're obsessing over something small. To get
linux working in schools there's a lot more than automounting floppies
to get past. I don't know if Roger from SuSE UK is on the list, but I'm
sure his work with linux in education has given him a very good idea of
the (more important) problems to be overcome before linux can be run in
the classroom..

~C.

--
Chris Ball.