[Gllug] Dumb Apache question [OT]

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 14:50:16 UTC 2001

But maybe an Apache god out there could come down
from Mount Olympus and give a mere mortal a small
piece of the wisdom of the Gods.
(And, no, I don't want to end up pushing a big stone
up the hill).

Anyway, the question is to do with DirectoryMatch
access in Apache.
Here is a small snippet of a made-up httpd.conf file:

<DirectoryMatch "/securearea">
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Secure Area"
    LDAPServer "ldap://ldap.acme.com/"
    LDAPAuth on
    LDAPSearchMode subtree
    LDAPBase ou=Engineering,o=AcmeCorp,c=GB
    LDAPuseridAttr uid
    require valid-user
</DirectoryMatch>

Those of you who know mod_ldap will see that this
gives access to securearea directory
to any valid user in the Engineering group.
This works fine.

However, let's say I want to also grant access to Marketing.
When I try to follow this DirectoryMatch with a second one
containing the match for Marketing, it doesn't work.

The question I'm asking is,
in the DirectoryMatch if one fails, does it then fall through to the
next
one, or does it just exit.
If so, is there a way to force continuing on till the next?

John Hearns

ps. if this is a really obvious answer,
please prepare a set of donkey ears for me
to wear at the next GLLUG.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk