[Gllug] MS XP

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Jul 19 05:51:40 UTC 2001

I thought Microsoft had lost their Java licence from Sun, and had to
remove Java (1.2?) support from their products over the next few years?
IIRC this was about Microsoft producing an implementation for which code
would only work on that (Microsoft) implementation.  Therefore it was not
cross-platform with other Java implementations, therefore could not be
called Java.  I understood all this C#ness was in response to that - "Well
we're not playing any more".

--
W. Palfreman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk