[Gllug] Thanx - Databases - NOT Linux specific

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 13:05:16 UTC 2001

I agree, Access isn't really suitable for learning SQL.

The trouble with mySQL is that it is built for speed - for things like
website backends. It doesn't yet have "sub-SELECTs" or subqueries which
you'll need for anything but the simplest queries. You can get round it
using temporary tables but it's not as elegant.

I've not used PostgreSQL but I think it does sub-SELECTs - correct me if
I'm wrong.