Cryptography, RIP, Steganography etc (was Re: [Gllug] Editors)

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 17:34:51 UTC 2001

 --- Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote: > On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at
06:07:00PM +0100, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> > * David Freeman (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> > > RIP act! That is why it is needed. The plausable deniabilty
> aspect of
> > > the StegFS is the main selling point. Having an encrypted
> filesystem is
> > > fine except that you must give the key or accept 2yrs in prison!
> >
> > Uh. To the authorities, when you are suspected of certain illegal
> > activities. Sheesh, are we talking child porn or a letter to your
> bank
> > manager here?
>
> This being the old "anyone who wants to hide information from their
> government is clearly a criminal" argument then?

I have no problem with giving information to _MY_ goverment, however,
it is not my government who is occupying number 10 and arguing in the
house of columns, the goverment which is, is the government of the
corporation.

Thanks

PS When I say my above, I mean you, me and the general public of the
United Kingdom.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk