[Gllug] Linux Conf GUI

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Jul 19 10:36:31 UTC 2001

>> you may want to try the following in a console window:
>>
>> lynx -source http://go-gnome.com|sh
>>
>> This will install the latest Gnome updates and they keep it very
>> up-to-date, they also allow you to subscribe (free) to the Red Hat
>> updates and therefore you will be advised of all recommended updates :-)
>>

>I second what Xander says.

Where as I hang my head in despair. I'm all for making Unix easy to use,
but getting users into the habit of doing something as blatantly high
risk as this is just broken beyond belief. You're downloading a random
script from the internet, and piping it directly into a root shell?
If anyone ever hijacks the go-gome.com domain, you're in a whole world
of hurt...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk