[Gllug] Linux Install and RAID (ABit KT7-RAID)

Ian Baillie ibaillie at aladdinsystems.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 15:45:30 UTC 2001

I am currently installing RH7.1 on an ABIT KT7-RAID.  Prior to installation I enabled RAID on the motherboard and set up an array (RAID 1).

During my installation of RH (which is still plodding along) both drives appeared in the disk druid.  Does this mean that the hardware RAID has not been recognised?

Has anyone got any pointers to installing RAID on the KT7?  (I thought I saw something briefly from the list a few weeks/months ago).

Not being put off, I set up /boot on the first drive, /swap on the second drive, and saw a function which said raid, so therefore created to equal size partitions, one on either drive, and set up RAID 1.  Does this procedure mean that I have just set up software RAID as opposed to using the KT7 built in RAID?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Ian