[Gllug] Sun Sparc station 20

Andre Newman andre at walkabout.compulink.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 14:32:01 UTC 2001

On Sunday 22 July 2001 11:50, you wrote:

> The Ultras have regular VGA cards in them dont they? I do remember
> running an Eizo monitor with both a Sun and PC connected to it many
> years ago but those were damn expensive monitors.

I'll find out soon enough, work has just displaced 4 Sun Ultra5's. They are
about two years old, have a 4G disk and 256M RAM, I have just been told I can
have one as a desktop machine if I like :-)

Anyone got any suggestions as to the best thing to run on it? It'll have
Solaris 2.8 (which I don't get on wiith) but I can soon use a bigger disk and
put some linux or BSD on it .

What's good for Sparc these days?

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk