[Gllug] Geek Meet Tomorrow? // GLLUG Newbies

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Jul 27 10:38:41 UTC 2001

ChrisJS at aol.com writes:

> Just for my $0.02,
> I've been to a couple of gllug meetings and while I'm sure everyone
> would have been friendly had I struck up a conversation, I totally
> agree with the points in that article; As somebody new both to linux
> and the LUG, its hard to do anything but stand around quietly ;)
> Maybe having somebody to greet people as they arrive ? I know its
> more formal than gllug meets are but just to say hi and maybe
> introduce you to a couple of people, I think it would really help
> newcomers.

I think it is a good thing, but how should we recognice? Ask them to
wear an "I am a n00bie" nametag? ;-)

> I also have to empathise with Warwick; I'm only 16 and while I can
> get served in bars 90% of the time, its not something you want to

This is unfortunate, but you can get served pepsi or coke, can't you?
Have one of "them" first, then when someone asks why you're drinking
soft-drinks, I'm sure someone will help you out if you explain the
problem. I would :)

Cheers, Stig
--
 11:30:27 up 8 days, 16:43,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk