[Gllug] SSH is Not Secure!

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Jul 24 20:32:00 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:08:45PM +0000, jim at lateral.net wrote:
> I don't know if this applies to anyone but It may be important to some.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5094560,00.html

How many people around here are going to own up to having
two-character-or-less passwords??

I did like the quote in the article...

	"A two-character password ..[is].. common for several
	 administrative accounts .."

Not in my place for work they aren't ;)

Let's face it, you could probably brute-force such an account anyway, unless
the IDS got wise and notified sysadmin before it happened... it's probably
only going to contain lowercase letters too, if the sysadmins are lazy
enough to create twocharacter passwords. 26x26.. I like those odds...

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk