[Gllug] Libretto

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 16 09:25:53 UTC 2001

>I put Redhat 6.2 on a Libretto 70CT.
>I did a network install, by using a PCMCIA card.

Just curious... how? Unless you plan on leaving a Windows partition
(I didn't on mine), how do you boot the install image? If you boot from
floppy, then your PCMCIA slot is in use, and you don't have a network
card. And you can't swap them over, half way through because the RH6
PCMCIA-aware boot disk required a second floppy (which it couldn't
load because it didn't grok the Libretto's PCMCIA floppy).

I resorted to putting the hard disk into a desktop, installing there,
and then replacing the drive in the Libretto. It's abit kludgy, but
it works.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk