[Gllug] Care and feeding of newbies at LUG meetings

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 19:28:23 UTC 2001

 --- Bruce Richardson <brichardson at lineone.net> wrote: > On Thu, Jul
26, 2001 at 06:33:00PM +0100,
> john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote:
> > I think we should all take note.
> > I shouln't cross lists like this, but at the next Lonix we should
> all
> > maybe make a bit of an effort to talk to new people, before heading
> > for the bar.
>
> Are you sure?  At Lonix everyone is too busy drinking to talk about
> Linux.  A newbie might get the impression we were drinking so as not
> have to talk about it, like some alcoholic Foreign Legion.

I came to the meeting after the Expo in June. I have to say I was made
most welcome, several people offered me drinks and after Defragging the
tables an effort was made to introduce us all Name/Distro/Editor etc...
Having said this there were two factions in the bar with all the locals
in one table and I think all the guests on the defraged table by the
loos!

Thanks

Ps who was the publisher with Linux Magazine who was wanted my IBM
paper weight?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk