[Gllug] Perl, the dogs nadgers?

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 16:13:28 UTC 2001

 --- Dean S Wilson <dean.wilson3 at virgin.net> wrote: > ----- Original
Message -----
> From: "Alex Hudson" <hudson_a at alexhudson.com>

> Because we've had to fight with multiple languages at different
> points. A lot of languages have a couple of good ideas surrounded
> with
> a ton of crap. Perl has a little less crap than most.

Depends on what you mean by crap!

I am still trying to decyher my T-shirt - RSA dolphin!

> >Perl isn't ambiguous, and therefore your argument is false.
>
> Spend some time looking at bug reports on Perl5Porters and then come
> back and say that with a straight face :)
>
>     Dean
> PS Just to avoid the whole English as a coding language stuff:
> Time flies like a arrow.
> Fruit flies like a banana.

Time is an object which has the property of fly which is being
inherited from the object arrow so they both operate in a similiar
manner.

Fruit has the property of fly which is being inherited from banana
which is a sub class of fruit.

makes sense to me. Just all depends on how you look at it.

Achilles and the tortaise are sat on the edge of an airfield. Over by
the ATC tower is a flag on a pole. Achilles says to the tortiose "The
flags moving" the toriose replies "No the wind is moving"

> Parse that :)
> --
> Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
>    ---  Anon

So true its scary!

thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk