[Gllug] Treason uncloaked!

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 16 11:46:26 UTC 2001

>Treason uncloaked!  Peer 192.168.3.200:515/727 shrinks window
>3275863623:3275863.  Repaired.
>
>The IP address belongs to a D-Link print server.
>
>Can anyone enlighten me as to what this message is trying to tell me?

It's saying that the remote end of a TCP connection has shrunk its
window to zero (i.e., it can't receive anything at the moment). Not
a problem, you can ignore it -- the kernel is handling it for you.
In fact, that error should only be output when you have TCP debugging
enabled. I guess the default Mandrake kernel does.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk