[Gllug] Rumour, fact, or lies?

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Fri Jul 27 09:48:07 UTC 2001

Microsoft has absolutely no financial advantage in buying shares taking
over Redhat.  Being owned by Microsoft would cause both staff and
customers to leave by the ton.  Microsoft would be throwing money in
the bin (something they are not well known for doing) in return for a
company called BlueHat or something being set up the next day, using the
same people and exactly the same GPL'd code.

More to the point, silly rumour-mongering like this is just annoying.
There is a guy who goes to Lonix who does this all the time too: last
month he claimed that Bill Gates wrote the original Gcc and that Microsoft
invented DHCP.  Some people were actually taken in by this.  Anyway, I
think its a waste of time and not all that funny.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk