[Gllug] Code Red

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Fri Jul 20 09:32:13 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:20:41AM +0100, will wrote:

> The solution?  Use a decent OS. the only annoying thing about this
> yesterday evening for me was that it completely flooded our two office
> internet connections (ie. no connection past the firewalls)

Probably someone trying to use your email hosting ;)

> but for this gem it seems a small price to pay :-)

eEye has done a lot of good work with this worm and you can get a copy of
the full breakdown and analysis, commented disassembly and binary of the
worm from:
http://www.eeye.com/html/advisories/codered.zip

Apparently this worm's also knocking over certain cisco routers with
webinterfaces and some 3com kit.

	Dean (In a Windows shop and loving every minute of this worm)
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk