[Gllug] News INNd

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Jul 6 23:44:11 UTC 2001

Richard Cohen <richard at vmlinuz.org> writes:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>
> > Will this run for a few thousand users?
>
> I very much doubt it...  It's meant as a personal or 'workgroup' kind of
> level server.

You probably need INN then. Leafnode "scales very badly" according to
the manpage. It works wonders for a few users though (and I don't
think it is *only* a proxy as was mentioned earlier. It can serve it's
own groups as well if I am not mistaken)

Cheers, Stig
--
 00:42:28 up 8 days, 18:42,  4 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.40, 0.18

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk