[Gllug] Editors

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Sun Jul 29 19:08:41 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 07:16:13PM +0100, David Freeman wrote:
> Ok this all makes sense. Might also explain why programs just die for
> no apparent reason.

If there's no core, it's usually OOM :(

> > I would bet against you being able to plausibly deny their existence
> > :)
>
> This sounds like a challenge.

Okay, next time I'm at a meet I'll test your steg stuff then :) Could be a
laugh....

> I take it you have read the documents on the StegFS website? the fact
> that you deny the existance to the OS is a feature not a bug, this is
> why multipul copies of the encrypted data are stored.

I know, I know. But - storing multiple copies only buys you probability, not
security. And the more you leave the steg stuff dismounted, the higher the
probability of loss. If it's _really_ sensitive data, then you need to back
it up. And I'm not aware of a cpio -o -steg option ;)

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk