[Gllug] Could you help me settle a debate

Dean S Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Sun Jul 29 14:53:14 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Freeman" <freemadi at yahoo.co.uk>

> Now whilst you don't really(well I don't) hear of many
> female geeks in the hot seats for Linux there must be some out
there.
> So are there any high standing female hackers in the linux
communitee
> and also how many women are there on this list?

There is a whole list of 'em, The Linux Chick(s|z).

I know that at least two GLLUG members have been to meetings with them
and they have dealt with TV and print journalists so they are active
on the advocacy front if not the coding one.

Other people I know of in the open source world include Deb Richardson
of the Open Source Writers Group and Elaine Ashton from the Perl
community who does an amazing amount of work with CPAN and the user
groups and has rightfully won a white camel award for her efforts.

    Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
   ---  Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk